No doubt, completion of ecology assignments is a tough task to accomplish. The reason behind it is the improper and lack of understanding of the principles and concepts of ecology amongst the students. But, you need not worry about the same anymore. This article is a brief guide on ecology, written by the experts of online assignment help Perth. It will not just help you in the assignment completion process but will also assist you in enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the subject matter.
What is Ecology?
In simplest words, ecology is basically the studies done to understand the relationship between the physical environment and the living organisms. Its motive is to know and understand the essential connections between the animals, plants and the world surrounding them. The subject of ecology consists of numerous topics ranging from the studies of global climate change and even to the studies of microscopic algae.
Fundamental Concepts of Ecology
Ecology consists of a few fundamental concepts, mentioned and explained below:
- Population Dynamics: It is concerned with the studies related to the changes taking place in the animals and plants over time. It basically consists of components like immigration, emigration and death and birth rates.
- Community Ecology: It relates to the studies of interaction amongst distinct species inside an ecosystem. It comprises of the things like predation, competition and mutualism.
- Ecosystem Ecology: It is related to the studies of the ecosystem as a whole. It consists of things like the nutrient cycle and the flow of energy.
- Ecological Succession: It is the process through which the changes in an ecosystem take place over time. Those changes can be due to a change in the climatic conditions or due to the origin of some new species.
- Global Climate Change: It is about the sudden increase in normal global temperatures. The reasons behind this increase in temperature are human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation.
- Molecular Ecology: It relates to the study of the interaction of DNA and genes with the environment. It basically comprises of things like phylogenetics and genetics.
How does Ecology Help in Understanding the Environment?
Ecology can assist in understanding and knowing the environment in several ways. For instance, it can assist us in:
- Efficient management of our natural resources.
- Acknowledges the impact of human activities on the environment.
- Prevents or minimizes the changes occurring in climatic conditions.
- Responds to the environmental calamities.
Importance of Ecology
As mentioned previously, ecology is essential as it assists people in gaining knowledge about how the environment works. It creates the fundamental principle for environmental science and assists people in making informed and appropriate decisions. These decisions are related to the appropriate way in which a person should interact with the environment.
Although, it is not the only importance of ecology. Instead, it is also essential when looking forward to a social perspective. It can assist the people in coming across the areas of environmental imbalance or variations and creates solutions for addressing them.
Socioeconomic Importance of Ecology
- Assists in Natural Conservation: Ecology gives all the data and information related to natural phenomena and also about the associated relationship between the environment and human beings. It is also concerned about the impact and effects of human activities on the environment. Apart from this, it also studies about the effect of the same on people as well. All these things make it clear how essential it is for the protection of our environment.
- Assists in Allocation of Natural Resources: Natural resources are of utmost importance in the lives of human beings but are available in limited amounts. Therefore, it becomes essential to protect and allocate these deficient natural resources appropriately for the betterment of our future. Ecology helps in learning about such processes.
- Establishes Eco-Friendliness: The actual studies of ecology helps in developing an eco-friendly environment, which is essential for the survival of human beings and other species.
- Assists in the Management of Diseases and Pests: There are a few harmful natural organisms such as vectors and pests. They are the result of many harmful diseases coming into existence. Studying ecology assists in preventing this whole nuisance from taking place.
Now, you have all the essential knowledge to help you in the assignment completion process. It’s now time to know what kind of topics you may get assigned as a part of your ecology assignment. You can have a look at a few main topics given below:
Common Assignment Topics
- Global Climate Change
- Organismal Ecology
- Landscape Ecology
- Behavioural Ecology
- Ecosystem Ecology
- Population Ecology
- Aquatic Ecology
- Molecular Ecology
- Community Ecology
If you are still facing difficulty understanding any of the topics mentioned above. In that case, you can learn about them inappropriate details through other such articles by do my assignment service providers.